Re-design the new Blakeview Shared Values Posters.
The client has asked that:
- Needs to be a current format to engage students
- Needs to be visually appealing – gain student’s attention to make sure that they are reminded constantly of our values
- 6 pages each with a shared value on it
- One large poster style page that has all 6 shared values
- Needs to be able to be edited each year when students have a chance to input on the values
- Consistency between the posters (font/colour/hue)
This task should follow the DESIGN PROCESS: Research, Ideation, Idea Refinement, final design and practitioner's statement/evaluation
Research (1-2 pages)
Investigate the types of posters that exist today. Eg. Different slogans/logos, font, colour, format that are on posters. Include images and annotate in your sketch book (Minimum 3 pages).
Consider your age group. The posters need to appeal to Junior School Students as well as Middle School.
Brainstorming (Mindmap: 1 page)
Brainstorm for your design.
A mind map is a diagram used to visually outline information. A mind map is often created around a single word or text, placed in the centre, to which associated ideas, words and concepts are added.
Here you may include ideas about what constitutes effective design (Things you noticed in your research)
Idea refinement (1-2 pages)
Using your thumbnail sketches as a start create your designs in Photoshop. (Teacher directed)
Ensure your file size is 300dpi and your international paper is set to A3
Once you have finalised your design, create three colour roughs. At this stage you will make minor changes to your design. e.g slight changes to composition, colour, font or perhaps opacity. However the overall design remains the same.
Final Work (1 A4 image)
Finalise your design making any last changes.
Write a 250 word evaluation of the process.