Students are to create an artwork 2D or 3D that uses only PVA glue and material from the environment. They may choose leaves, sand, bark, twigs and sticks. The object needs to be from the natural environment.
Students will be exposed to other artists that have used non traditional materials to make art eg. Tea bags, thongs and plastic bags.
- Design and brainstorm ideas for the project.
- Discuss artist Goldsworthy, Chris Meder and John Dahlsen work
- View demonstration of sculpture and methods of sculpting
- Explore 3D positive and negative space
- Demonstrate media experimentation with non traditional Art media
** Sculptures by Andy Goldsworthy
Research and Preparation:
Complete research into artists that use natural materials to create artwork. Begin by researching Andy Goldsworthy and Hossien Valamanesh.
Preparation and Creativity
Begin to experiment with materials. Consider elements and principles of composition:
Include photographs of your experimentations as some may not be practical to include in your sketch book. Include annotations.
Complete a 250word practitioner's statement. See handout for specific criteria.