Assessment Type 3: Visual Study (30%)
DUE DATE: Week 11 Term 1: WEDNESDAY 13/4/2016
Students produce one visual study.
Students will experiment with the methods, techniques and technologies of contemporary and historical artists.
Students will critically analyse the work of practitioners through individual research, and through the development of visual thinking and technical skills.
You will present your findings, conclusions, insights, and personal opinions about aesthetics.
Students develop an idea for a visual study that will:
1) Answer questions about practical application.
2) Explore and experiment with concepts, ideas, media, materials, techniques, and technologies.
Students are expected to understand and apply a process that leads to conclusions or findings of some significance.
The process should involve:
1) Locating and acknowledging information
2) Analysing and interpreting the work of relevant practitioners and works of design in context.
3) Exploring and experimenting with styles, genres, processes, media, materials, methods, techniques, and technologies, to further develop visual thinking and technical skills critically analysing and synthesising information and ideas, and visual thinking and technical skills, learning, and thoughts on visual arts, including issues and/or questions developing and communicating insights into the visual arts, and findings and opinions about a personal aesthetic.
Students are to provide an A3 folio of their visual explorations. The A3 folio should contain written material that should include introductory information, annotated comments, analysis, synthesis, and conclusions.
20 A3 pages with a maximum of 2000 words of written text. (Contents page and reference list not included in word count)
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR TIPS TO GET STARTED