We have completed our first read though. I do hope you enjoyed the piece I cant wait to get working.
1. What are your initial thoughts of the play?
2. Look up the playwright Sue Murray - become ofay with her works
3. What challenges do you believe you will face during this process?
4. What are you really looking forward to?
A house point to the first person to tell me which musical the title is from :)
In class we have been looking at monologue and what to consider when first exploring one. For this blog entry You need to add in your monologue and then comment and respond to the following:
1. What is the speech's main point?
2. What appeals to you about this speech?
3. What will be your first 'discovery' question be, what will you learn from your piece, what will you consider when doing your monologue.
Hello Year 10 North Drama Students - reminders (same as year 9 drama)
This is going to be a place for us to share images, journals, readings, videos, pose questions,
discuss lessons amongst so much more. Obviously this is a virtual public forum!
This means you need to be aware of everything you are posting, a few guidelines need to be followed:
The aim is to have informed and intelligent discussion about Drama.
Personal strengths and weaknesses will at times need to be discussed and viewed by others.
This will be a public posting so you will need to consider the language used.
You are able to comment on other posts however it will need to be constructive only.
This will form part of your assessment and hence regular posting will be required.
I am really looking forward to seeing this grow :)
Also - we will be creating a piece together. Please write some initial thoughts on how you wish to be involved in the performance?
All drama classes during lesson – please be vigilant about attending. It makes it impossible to move forward when you are away
After school rehearsals Thursdays– bring snacks and a drink (don’t be late) –
Pease wear PE uniform to all rehearsals from now on during lesson and after school
Week 6 – 3.30- 6pm
Week 7- 3.30 – 8pm full tech run (everything has to be finished and ready) – all backstage rolls complete.
Week 8 – 3.30 – 6pm – then move to south to watch their year 10 performance of ‘Grimm stories’ (not sure of finishing time yet)
Monday – 3.30 meet in theatre – 6pm show, after clean and re-set
pick up from theatre at 8.00pm approx
Tuesday – 3.30 meet in theatre – 6pm show, after clean and re-set
pick up from theatre at 8.00pm approx
For performance nights – please bring your dinner J
Instead of week 6 we are doing this week – WEEK
5 3.30-6PM THURSDAY………………
NO WEEK 6
Yesterday we started to look at our rehearsal schedule and what it will look like. From week 6 we will have an extra hour and a half on Thursday, rehearsing till 5pm. Week 8 Thursday we will have an extended rehersal till 6:30 to allow us to go and watch the South drama performance.
The performance will be in Week 9 Monday and Tuesday. Being that it is only
one night from the semester/term or year that you may miss a prior commitment
such as a sports game or a class or shift at work, priority will need to be for the performance.
Please discuss this with your families and let me know of any issues so we can book in a schedule.
In class today we discussed the play decided for our group performance. ‘Mirror Mirror’ by Sue Muarry (Australian Playwright) has been chosen. In this post you need to respond to the following questions:
1. What type of performance interests you and why?
2. What are your thoughts both for and against this particular show?
3. Tackling such a controversial subject as eating disorders will conjure many emotions. Discuss
4. Find a clip of a piece with a similar message of body image and link it.
5. Please find out one interesting fact about the playwrite Sue Murray. (read other posts and make sure you have not written the same)
Firstly i would lke to say a big congratulations to you all. You tackled some very challenging monolgues and came out on top.
This space is a chance to reflect on the performance as well as the outcomes for the backstage individual study pieces.
Simply write your thoughts on the process as well as the final performance piece..
Dont overthink it - just write......
Well done today year 10s! Your performances were wonderful!
Please answer the following questions;
1. What was a highlight of others performances?
2. Do you believe you reached a proficient level of character?
3. Where do you believe you could have improved in your performance?