It is time to prepare for our Group Production.
Firstly I need to know the number onstage and off and what type of role you would like to explore.
The piece is called Year 9's are animals and it is set in a school in the 90's. There are teacher and student roles. It is a comedy. We are also looking to do a documentary overlay to the whole piece, David Attenborough style, which would require some devising on behalf of the group or an individual. We will also have a holiday rehearsal session in the second week. Date TBA
In our last lesson we started to delve into the depths of our characters.
For this blog you need to answer the following questions and state if they are from the script or invented/imagined.
Who are you?
1. What is your age?
2. What is your name? - full name including middle
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. What is your talent?
5. What is your flaw/s?
6. What is you family situation?
Where are you?
1. Where is the piece set?
2. What is the year?
3. What is the time of year/day?
What are you relationships?
1. What are your relationships with the people in the script/spoken to or mentioned?
2. Who are the most important people in your life?
3. Who is your worst enemy? why?
4. Who is your biggest influence? why?
The first week is completed and we all got out unscathed, tick!
For this post I would like to you to reflect on:
Have a great week end
And here we are.
Today we looked at the course for the semester and the key focus of...
moving from page to stage
To start the year respond to the following questions remembering that the focus of the Blog is to show learning and reflection.
1. What is the purpose of neutral and the spinal roll?
2. What are your weaknesses that will be your focus to develop this year in drama?
3. What are your strengths that will help the group throughout the year in drama?
4. What are you most looking forward to and least this year?
I look forward to reading your responses.