Today our focus was exploring how to shape and hence start the character strength composition piece. Your groups should have decided on the compositional structure, such as narrative, theme or shape. over the weekend you each need to source a piece of music that you think will suit your Character strength and explain/justify how the piece will be structured. that will allow you to have a discussion starter for Monday's lesson.
For this post:
Copy a link to the song you think may fit your piece with justification as to why you have picked.
Also state/discuss how you would shape your piece, what about your character strength to you want to get across?
Work hard on Monday and Tuesday and I will see you Friday.
Today you presented your first group assessment task and group choreographed dances. After completing the task and watching the other members of the class, write a final reflection.
1. How did you feel your presentation went?
2. What elements of your dance were you happy with?
3. What elements of your dance were you not happy with?
4. Do you feel your group successfully communicated to the class about the choreographer?
5. List 2 key things you learnt from each of the other groups?
Today was your last lesson to complete the Innovator task.
Today's blog will be an exploration of how you are feeling leading into the presentation on Monday.
Do you feel prepared?
Which part of the presentation are you feeling most excited about?
If you were to do the preparation part of the task over again, what would you change?
How would you rate your group on their ability to work as a team?
In today's lesson we continued to work on our skills in building dance pieces and using the elements of dance to create meaning.
Today we needed to use a piece of music to explore a theme. Answer the following questions:
1. What did you find most challenging about today's task?
2. Did you feel like you overcame the challenge? how?
3. What symbols did your group use to explore your theme?
4. What section of your dance were you most pleased with and why?
5. Which do you prefer to do, tell a story through dance or explore a theme? explain your response?
On Monday change into your PE gear as we will spend 1 lesson doing a presentation (I will give an example)
have a great weekend
Today each of you took a warm up for the class. Throughout the warm ups and through the discussion some moves we do all time and think are ok, can be unsafe and put unneeded pressure on our joints and were highlighted. After doing the all of them and reflecting on your own piece, respond to the following questions:
What worked well with your warm up?
What did not work well?
What would you change?
Do you think all your moves were safe?
2015 is here and you are Year 9's and able to pick some subjects
Even more exciting.... You are doing Dance!
The blog is an opportunity for you to reflect on the work we are doing in class, and critically respond to your personal and group strengths and weaknesses.
Frequency will vary but on average, 1 a week! You are assessed on your blog, keep on top of it!
BLOg 1 - Who are you and what do you want?
1. List three things about yourself that people might not know
2. What is your number one pet hate?
3. Who are the 5 people at your dinner party (5 people alive or dead that you would love to have dinner with)
4. Why did you pick Dance?
5. What are you most looking forward to in this course?
6. What are you least looking forward to?
7. What is your strength in Dance that will benefit the group?
8. What is your weakness in Dance that the group will need to be considerate of or know about.