Today we decided to use Chinese New Year as our base for our Comedy performance. For this blog you need to come up with a base idea/scenario for your character with 1-2 others.
Write your idea here and have it complete by Wednesday evening.
Your characters are developing.
You are creating some interesting characters that have an interesting way of seeing the world.
From the work we have done this week respond to the following questions:
1. What are you finding most challenging about the work we are doing?
2. What aspect are your finding that you feel successful at?
3. What area of your character do you think needs to be reworked or focussed on more?
4. What area of your character do you definitely want to keep as it is working well?
We have viewed, analysed and discussed, now we write.
By Thursday the 12th March you need to complete the last post and write an introductory paragraph on Birthday Boy. Use the points from the last post as a base for your writing.
Take care and have a great long weekend
We have started to explore review writing and watched a short film to practice this skills.
After watching the short film comment on the following:
1. What was the style?
2. What was the context?
3. What was a theme explored through the film?
4. Describe a key moment (use the elements of film to recreate it)
First off, House sticker to the first person to state the quotes origin and author, without looking it up. You will be tested!
Today we started looking at the different stage types.
For this post find an image of different stages in use (make it as interesting as possible) and copy the link. Then write what the potential problems and positives of the stage you have found.
Stage types are:
Promenade / Environment
Arena/Theatre in the Round
Today you were all storytellers. You had to use you improvisation skills to create stories from unknown objects. Watching as an audience allowed us to look at what makes a good story teller. Use today's lesson as a basis to answer the following questions. Don't use people's names please.
1. List the 2 most important skills a story teller needs to have.
2. When telling your stories, what parts or skills did you use to make it effective?
3. When telling your stories, what skills would utilise when doing them in the future?
4. What did you enjoy about the task?
5. What did you find challenging?
2015 is here and you are Year 9's and able to pick some subjects
Even more exciting.... You are doing Drama!
The blog is an opportunity for you to reflect on the work we are doing in class, and critically respond to your personal and group strengths and weaknesses.
Frequency will vary but on average, 1 a week! You are assessed on your blog, keep on top of it!
BLOg 1 - Who are you and what do you want?
1. List three things about yourself that people might not know
2. What is your number one pet hate?
3. Who are the 5 people at your dinner party (5 people alive or dead that you would love to have dinner with)
4. Why did you pick Drama?
5. What are you most looking forward to in this course?
6. What are you least looking forward to?
7. What is your strength in Drama that will benefit the group?
8. What is your weakness in Drama that the group will need to be considerate of or know about.