Firstly House sticker to anyone who can tell me the Movie the title is from and house point if you can tell me how it links to the post.
Costume is an important part of not only presenting a performance but also aids in character development. However costume is not simply wearing clothing that you normally would. It needs to have a few considerations.
1. Fabric type and colour - is there anything in the meaning - does it match or clash with those around you. Use the image below as your colour palette
2. Does it allow your character to move as they need to?
3. Is it appropriate for the stage and for a range of audiences. (ie, not too tight or too revealing)
Taking the above points into consideration write in your comment. What you are wearing and why and where it is coming from. Don't forget to have shoes counted for.
Black mesh top and leather pants - DJ's need to stand apart from the wedding guests and get really hot, hence the holes - Leather pants from home mesh top school
Review writing was introduced last week in preparation for our excursion on Thursday.
For this post you will need to write a review introduction to Birthday boy. The short film watched today.
Focus on the key themes, what was it about.
Create a visual image for the reader.
Don't assume the reader has seen the piece.
Give it a go and do the best you can, remember this is practice and a chance for feedback.
For this post you need to find a stage type in use. Not a proscenium or open. Copy the link and answer the following questions:
1. What is the name of your stage type? (if it is a mixture, explain this)
2. What potential problems can you see with your stage type, from the actor and audience perspective?
3. What strengths can you see with this type of stage, from the actor and audience perspective?
Our first week of Drama is complete, and a lot has been covered. We have explored improvisation while trying to get comfortable with our new group and dealing with some "interesting" activities.
For this post you need to:
1. Write the 2 most important things an actor must do for improvisation to be successful (if you remember the 4, bonus points)
2. State the activity you were most comfortable with and why.
3. Explore what you were most uncomfortable with and why.
4. From the work this week what is one skill that you are going to work on next week?
Have a great weekend!
Identifying your strengths and weaknesses are important personal qualities that enable you to move forward and make improvements
2. What are your strengths that may help you or the group in Drama?
3. What are your weaknesses that may hinder you or the group in Drama?
Today we looked briefly at what the semester will involve.
4. What are you most looking forward to and why?
5. What are you not looking forward to and why?
These are due tomorrow by Lesson 6.
Start well and I look forward to reading your responses